Welcome To Darlington Mind

Become a Service User

Once you have made the decision to get in touch with us we will work with you to help you discover what your personal journey to recovery looks like and help you every step of the way to get to where you want to be.

We provide support services for people over 18 with a mental health need, who live in the local area.

We are open Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm

So how do I apply?

You will need to complete a simple application form to tell us how best we can support you and return it to us.

Click Here for Service User Application Form

  • You can refer yourself
  • Ask your Care Co-ordinator to refer you
  • Ask your GP to refer you
  • Ask any other person involved in your care to refer you

So why don’t you download and fill in an application form or feel free to contact us and we will be happy to post out an Application Pack.

Service Fees

Sessional fees are payable for some of our services whereas other services are free. So why don’t you get in touch to find out more.

Personal Budget

Sometimes your emotional or mental health problem can mean you may need more support and help in your life. This means you may be eligible for social care support and you may be able to use this towards the cost of services. People who qualify for social care services now have the option of getting help to arrange their own support using a sum of money which is called a Personal Budget. This budget can be paid as a direct payment to you or paid directly to service providers on your behalf.

Who can help me find out more information about a Personal Budget?

Darlington Mind staff or your Care Co-ordinator can help you to make sure that you have the right information and support when applying for a Personal Budget. Alternatively you can phone or write to Darlington Social Services (Adult Social Care):

Adults Intake Team,
Central House,
Gladstone Street,
DL3 6JX.

Telephone: 01325 346200
Fax: 01325 346474
Minicom: 01325 468504
Website: www.darlington.gov.uk/adultservices