Anger Management Service
Here at Darlington Mind we offer services for people who have difficulty controlling and recognising their anger.
We can provide specialist counselling for people who can pay privately – the current charge is £30 per session with a minimum of seven session required.
Who is it for?
Anyone over the age of 18, who is registered with a Darlington GP and needs help with Anger Management.
How do I access the services?
- If you are interested you should visit your GP and ask them to send a letter of referral to Darlington Mind.
- Once we receive the letter, you will be contacted by the Darlington Mind Anger Management Team.
What does it involve?
- The course will run once a week for seven weeks. It will be held on various days of the week to suit the availability of those who will be attending, between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
- The counselling will be arranged for a mutually convenient time for the client and the counsellor.
- There will normally be seven weekly sessions but this is flexible and dependent upon the needs of the client.
- Help and support will be available from the Anger Management Team.
- Facilitators will encourage each person to participate to the best of their ability.
- You will not be asked to do anything that you are not comfortable doing.
- In between each session there will be tasks set that will assist each person in achieving their goals and improving the quality of their life.
- You should attend all sessions.
- Many of the applicants who have completed the course or counselling have changed their lives significantly for the better.
Comments and Testimonials
“For the past few weeks I feel better at coping and with being able to cope, I’ve been able to plan the future with more confidence in myself. I feel 100% better about myself and my situation. This has been a massive help. Thank you.”
GP Quote: “A patient has found significant benefit from anger management sessions.”
“I feel as though someone listened for once and understood how I felt. I am hopeful for my future now.”
“I have found the course very helpful. I feel calmer and will apply everything I have learned to my current situation.”