We also facilitate a monthly support group for those dealing with anger and depression problems and offer people the chance to take part in various activities and organised outings.
Regular service user consultation and feedback drives the programme to become just what people want it to be. The PTA facilitator or volunteer is present to assist and encourage you to take part in activities to improve your physical and mental well-being, and is also available before and afterwards to provide you with emotional support.
Our walking group meets every week to go on walks in Darlington and the surrounding area, where beautiful scenery and places of historical interest combine to make for an invigorating and enjoyable experience. A fully qualified walk leader will be present to ensure your safety. The programme of walks is designed to be varied and accessible to as many people as possible with many walks being wheelchair friendly.
Walks are rated as easy or moderate, depending on duration and terrain. Transport to places further afield is easy as Darlington Mind has its own minibus.
What can I expect?
- A professional approach
- Expert support (experienced & qualified staff)
- Practical advice
- 5 a side football
- Easy Line (Dolphin Centre Gym – Darlington)
- Walking Group (with minibus access)
The Good Mood Support Group
This group takes place every month, offering you the opportunity to talk with others with similar problems and to share coping strategies, and a facilitator is always available for guidance and support. Mini workshops are available on request that can offer you help and support to identify triggers or to develop coping skills.
So if you would like to:
- Make new friends
- Take part in activities designed to inspire you
- Improve your confidence and self-esteem
- Become fitter
- Work with an enthusiastic and dedicated team
- Conquer and overcome problems you experience
- Take control of your life
- Improve your mental and physical well-being
The Positivity Through Activity project may be for you!
Our clients say…
- “I love all the sessions I do. They are vital for my mental and physical health.”
- “I feel my social skills have been strengthened due to the support and encouragement that I receive not only from the co-ordinator but also from my fellow peers.”
- “It provides me with a platform and security to pursue activities outside of Mind.”
- “I’ve had a massive personal achievement recently and this is down to the confidence I have as a result of accessing the (PTA) project.”