Supported Housing – “Helping People to find a place called HOME”
Darlington Mind Supported Living Services offers high quality, fully furnished, safe and supportive homes for vulnerable people over the age of 18, conveniently close to the centre of Darlington and local amenities.
Supported living offers you caring, skilled and experienced social care staff that provides you with the reassurance and support for everyday living, including:
- emotional, practical and domestic support which is tailored to meet your own needs;
- assists you to develop coping strategies for positive mental health, physical health and overall wellbeing;
- helps you to connect with other people;
- supports you to achieve your life goals;
- helps you with your budgeting and saving plans;
- assists you to obtain your state benefit entitlements.
Supported living also provides you with a beautiful garden, the opportunity to become skilled at taking control of your life and to confidently manage your home and the responsibilities of your tenancy.
*When you are ready to move on, we have a number of supported self-contained houses, flats and bungalows in the Darlington area where we can continue to offer you the assurance of support when you in need it with the added security of a permanent tenancy or we can advise you about other housing options available to you and assist you every step of the way.
- To enable independent living and support you with your tenancy;
- To support and enhance your self-esteem and confidence;
- To develop a pro-active approach, to accommodate your support needs and help you to achieve your aspirations;
- To support you in your new home;
- To adapt our services to meet your support needs;
- To encourage you to develop your education, training, employment, leisure and volunteer opportunities;
- To support you in planning and preparing to move to independent accommodation and ensure the move is as smooth a transition as possible;
- To offer you the opportunity and support to live your life with fulfilment.
How to Apply
You’re very welcome to call us and arrange to come and have a look around.
Application Packs can be requested by phone or, if you prefer, you can ask your Social Worker, Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN), GP (General Practitioner) or any other agency worker involved in your care to contact us on your behalf.
For more information on Housing, please contact our reception team on 01325 283169 for further details.